Thursday 28 January 2016

What I like about being an Adult

I talk about being an adult a lot, I know. I'm not one-hundred-percent sure why that is; maybe because I've lived such a sheltered life up until this point and I'm slowly discovering the world and it's all a bit overwhelming, but who can be sure. It's almost definitely because of that.

But I'm enjoying myself nonetheless. And here's a list as to why (because I also like a good list):
  1. I can paint my nails without asking my mum's permission. I was never allowed to have painted nails while I was at school...
  2. I don't always have to eat my vegetables. And no, dear parents, I shall not go to bed hungry, I shall scoff my face with coco-pops when you've gone to bed.
  3. I have a savings account with actual money in it. I've no idea what I'm saving for but I'm sure I'll be pleased as punch when I find out what it is.
  4. I can wear as little or as much make up each day as I so choose. Choosing to wear none and look like I'm at deaths door is sometimes a decision I regret.
  5. WEEKENDS. Now I live an adult life I can enjoy that weird concept of a weekend where you can go out and do whatever the hell you want hells yeah because essays and homework and a thing of the past!
  6. The thing where you drive to meetings that are over a hundred miles away and getting to make it all back via expenses.
  7. I can do whatever I want with and/or to my hair. My mum always tells me that I look "much more grown up" with shorter hair, but I absolutely despise having it shorter than shoulder length so we on a non-stop train to rebellious-hood.
  8. CANDLES. ALL OF THE CANDLES ALL OF THE TIME. And if I happen to burn down the house, then the fault rests solely on my shoulders...
  9. Knowing I could buy any kind of travel ticket and run off somewhere. Not that I have. But I can.
  10. Knowing that I possess the power to actively choose a gluten free lifestyle. And equally knowing that that's a ridiculous and totally stupid idea.
  11. Having the ability to drink an alcoholic beverage to 'take the edge off' after a hard day. 
  12. Drinking caffeine and having no fear that your heart might explode (unlike when I tried Pepsi for the first time as a kid and I thought I was dying).
  13. You can buy a diary and fill it full of actual real life appointments and events.
Here's to paying bills and getting drunk!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment