Wednesday 3 February 2016

January Favourites

Can you believe the first month of 2016 is finetoed? Me either. I also can't quite believe the plethora of weather we have suffered through. Winter I am D-O-N-E with your shenanigans. Bring back the warmth. Though I will say that I love wearing striped shirts and I feel like they're more of a winter staple than a summer staple so maybe you can hang around for a bit longer while I wear my stripes to death. If you think I'm talking crazy, you should know that I have the same striped top in four colours. And I wish I'd bought more.
  1. Leftover Christmas chocolate
  2. Because screw this whole "Christmas is over I need to lose ten pounds IMMEDIATELY" bullshit. No. Just no. In every language. Isn't the fact that it's January torture enough, without depriving yourself of the tasty nutritional goodness* of chocolate? I love getting home from work and knowing I can drown my sorrows in a reindeer shaped bundle of goodness. Look, it's either that or alcohol and I think we know we'd all rather be obese than constantly hungover.

    *nutritional goodness not guaranteed.

  3. Dickensian
  4. At first I was all "what is this?" and then I was all "I'm obsessed with this". A drama series centred around all the characters from Charles Dickens' novels? What a totally genius idea! Of course after realising I was totally into watching this I had to spend a Saturday afternoon reading all the plot summaries from each book so I knew what the deal with each character was, but it was worth it! And the fact that each episode is 30 minutes long means they're easy viewing and we get two episodes a week so the party lasts even longer!

  5. Nescafé Mint mochas
  6. These have "limited edition" literally written all over them but I'm hoping that's just part of a sly marketing ploy and in reality, they're here to stay. Because they are suuuper tasty, massively easy to make and perfecto for evenings wallowing in the bath while marathoning Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Need I say more?

  7. Ren Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream
  8. This smells suspiciously herby. Almost too herby. I feel I smell like an over-seasoned soup when I massage this into my face, but then I realise that it's actually an amazing moisturiser and I am somehow able to overcome my woes. Obviously, it being the dreary depths of winter, my skin starts to dry up like a desert and is not in the best of conditions, but once I apply this, it's happy once again - like, you can visibly see what it does to the skin on your face. Remarkable. Hydrating. Smell takes a bit of getting used to. But amazing nonetheless.

  9. Ugg Australia Classic Mini boots
  10. So I got the official staple of the #BasicBitch for Christmas this year and I could not have been more thrilled. Everyone knows I'm the laziest person going, and now I have the footwear to match. They are more comfortable than I could possibly have imagine they'd be and ugh I just love them so much. Running out to the supermarket? Uggs. Running out to get petrol? Uggs. Not really feeling anything? Uggs. Life is complete. And hella cosy.
Happy leap-day month, y'all!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment