Wednesday 6 January 2016

December Favourites

I can't quite believe that it's the last of these for 2015, or that it was so surprisingly difficult to find things I deemed as 'favourites' for this month. Not because I've suddenly become very cynical, but because the days have whizzed past so quickly that I never had time to realise what happened or what I quite liked. And here we are at the end... Advent calendar chocolate didn't even make the list...
  1. Nescafe Dulce Gusto coffee machine
  2. If you read my post about Black Friday, you'll know that my family and I fell into the inevitable trap of discounted electronics. But can I just say, we're all pretty pleased about it. This machine is great! A frothy latte each Saturday morning is just what the doctor ordered. It's also super handy that the coffee comes out at exactly the right temperature for immediate drinkage.

  3. The Twilight Saga Books
  4. Now, before we all go ahead and judge me, I know. I know these books are awful and the plotline is diabolical and yarda yarda yarda. But I couldn't help myself. I read these books countless times back when I was a young fifteen year old desiring only the love of a handsome protective God. But now things are different, I understand these books a lot more, and while some of the themes running through now make me question certain things, they were still kind of fun (and easy) to read when I needed to shut off from digital life. I'm also making a conscious effort to read more and this seemed like a good place to start...

  5. American Eagle fringed booties [here]
  6. Another Black Friday splurge, naturally. I'm going to go out on a whim here and say that they aren't exactly the most comfortable, but I'm putting that down to the fact that American shoe sizes aren't quite designed for the awkward Brit with hugely long but seriously narrow feet (see Exhibit A). But because I am a woman, I struggle through the god-awful pain of underfoot blisters and love them (and how truly beautiful they are) nonetheless. I know, I'm an inspiration.

  7. Christmas Wreaths
  8. This Christmas has turned me into a serious decoration lover. My phone (and Instagram) are now filled with pictures of every kind of wreath hanging on every kind of door throughout Windsor. I genuinely might have to start a petition to make wreaths a year round thing because they are so gorge and make my lunchtime mooch around the town way prettier. Except when people look at me as though I'm taking pictures to show my fellow bandits which houses to rob...

  9. Lazy Oaf burger print hat
  10. Because nothing says "please take me seriously" quite like walking into a jewelers wearing a woolly hat with a print of a burger on it. Let us take a moment to applaud my life choices. Let me also add onto that little factoid that while in said jewelers, while wearing said hat, the sentence "my battery needs a new watch" genuinely left my mouth. Had I escaped from a mental institution, I felt the sales assistant ask himself. My consequent laugh probably allowed him to conclude the answer as "yes". Still, at least my head is toasty warm.
Now, when does hibernation begin? I could really do with a good sleep (and an avoidance of January blues)...
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment