Thursday 21 January 2016

Things to get excited about in 2016

Welcome, dear ones, to the year MMXVI. The year, according to Chinese zodiac, of the Monkey. Better known to us mortals as '2016'. Though that weird 'M' code thing is really kind of cool, so let's roll with it. Gonna start planning meetings for 22/01/MMXVI. Because that's how cool I am.

But before we all lose ourselves in the Georgian calendar and the traits of the zodiac (I was born in the Year of the Dog, if you're wondering), let us observe the fun festivities that are to come:
  1. Pretty Little Liars is back. A is gone, time for B to step up.
  2. That British guy in space. You know, the one who dialed a wrong number from the Space Station.
  3. The Queen turns 90. I'm hoping that means party time in Windsor.
  4. The first movie from the greatest film franchise of all time, High School Musical, celebrates turning ten with a live telecast on Disney Channel.
  5. The fiftieth SuperBowl. Though the team I root for always seems to lose...
  6. The Summer Olympics in Rio.
  7. Leaaaaap day. Happy birthday to all you guys born on February 29th. I hope it's balling.
  8. Getting to upgrade my iPhone. Fingers crossed for an iPhone 7 release.
  9. My sister goes to New York and I will disinherit her if she doesn't return with a suitcase full of gifts.
  10. America will get a new president. Which kind of sucks because Obama seems like a fun guy.
  11. I'm hitting up the London Coffee Festival.
  12. The Harry Potter universe is back. With a stage production AND a film involving beautiful majestic Eddie Redmayne.
  13. Shakespeare's 400th anniversary. #ShallICompareTheeToASummersDay
  14. An all female Ghostbusters line up. Basically because I just love Melissa McCarthy.
  15. Russia is apaz going to launch a 'space hotel' for tourists. For a mere $100,000 per ticket. 
  16. Finding Dory. I have mixed feelings about this but I'll probably watch it anyway.
  17. Eurovision Song Contest in Sweden. Something to look forward to EVERY year.
  18. NASA's space craft will land on the exotic distant planet of Jupiter. I like that it's called Juno.
  19. I turn twenty-two. I only care about this because it means I can sing T-Swift for at least three-hundred and sixty-four days.
  20. The world's longest railway tunnel will officially open in Switzerland. Big news.
  21. THE NEW BRIDGET JONES DIARY FILM.
We also might get hit by a meteor and wiped out like the dinosaurs but who wants to be a Negative Nancy?
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment