Thursday 14 January 2016

Cool stuff that went down in 2015

While 2016 is already a grand fourteen days old, I couldn't resist putting together a post about some of my highlights from the past twelve months. Half because there were some really low points during the year and I feel it's important not to let that cloud my memory, and half because I do in fact have a really bad memory so it was quite nice to trawl back through all my photos and social media to find out what actually went down.

This list is in date order, rather than by highlight preference (so fret not, my number one highlight was not that I started drinking copious amounts of caffeine each day...):
  1. I developed a huge coffee habit.
  2. While working on university assignments, I watched the Chronicles of Narnia films everyday, repeatedly, for weeks.
  3. I tried peaches for the first time. I discovered they have furry skins. My life was changed.
  4. Katy Perry played the half time show at the Super Bowl and it was everything.
  5. It actually snowed. A teeny bit.
  6. I became wholly obsessed with One Direction.
  7. I had my first experience with jump starting a car.
  8. I sat on a rooftop in London with my best pals and took this picture.
  9. We were on said rooftop in London because we were visiting a super cool advertising agency.
  10. I also went to London (solo) to conduct interviews for my dissertation. One interview featured my first experience with pulled pork (it was amazing), the other featured my hand gushing blood. It was an eventful day.
  11. I won at Mother's Day by sending my mum a gorge 100 stem bouquet of flowers from M&S.
  12. My dad bought me a Marmite Easter Egg and it was PHENOMENAL.
  13. I took a picture next to a huge inflatable Lindt bunny because obvs.
  14. Occasionally the people at Starbucks spelled my name correctly.
  15. I pretended to be Pocahontas whenever blossom blew off the trees around me.
  16. Stephen Hawking made my life with this comment about Zayn leaving One Direction.
  17. My friends and I threw caution to the wind and dressed up like stereotypical students for a pitch.
  18. Princess Charlotte was born and it was swell.
  19. I discovered Buffalo milk ice cream and nothing has been the same since.
  20. 'Revenge' finished and it was a brill (and totally emotional) finale.
  21. I actually started, completed, printed, bound and submitted a HUGE dissertation.
  22. I presented a live brief to a real advertising agency. And then ate pastries.
  23. I celebrated completing university with my best pals by buying loads of 2-for-1 cocktails and then playing on a dance mat.
  24. On my last night in my university house, I was awoken by a guy throwing rocks at my window. Didn't take him long to realise he'd got the wrong room.
  25. Pitch Perfect 2 was released and it was crack-a-lackin'.
  26. I started to drink tea on occasion.
  27. I went to Portugal with my two favourite gals. Lots of sunbathing, lots of uno playing, lots of crazy fun times, and most importantly: lots of ice cream. And also some strange hayfever type allergic reaction.
  28. Justin Bieber sort of got his life back together. His new album is dopeeeee.
  29. I was awarded a First Class degree in Advertising.
  30. Celebrating everyone's twenty-first birthdays. Including my own. With cake. Lots of cake.
  31. I got myself a real life job in digital marketing.
  32. I accidentally impulse bought a Fiat 500.
  33. The Muppets got their own show and I've been watching it on repeat ever since.
  34. Starbucks released coffee cups with autumn designs on them and they were super cute.
  35. I spent the afternoon at Wembley watching American Football. And worrying that I'd get uneven sunburn from the angle of the sun over the stadium.
  36. I took up baking. So far so good.
  37. I have my own business cards. I have no idea what to do with them.
  38. I tried a lot of American candy. Reese's are saaaaa good.
  39. I attended my own graduation ceremony. And looked kind of like a drowned rat while doing it. #ThanksStormBarney
  40. Later that week I returned to Southampton for the day with my pals to attend a Great Gatsby themed Graduation Ball. The party itself was kind of a flop, but the Hoedown Throwdown pre-ball dancing was excellente.
  41. I got to experience the perks of working with automotive clients. Attending events, test driving cars and eating and drinking everything (including a load of Christmas lunches).
  42. I put my name on a Marmite jar.
  43. Attended my first Christmas party, complete with a secret Santa gift, a board of directors gift, a trip around Windsor castle, a champagne breakfast, a free bar, beer pong, a photobooth, so much food and so. much. fun.
  44. And after the craziest year imaginable, I enjoyed a restful and relaxing Christmas break.
  45. I decided to actually write thank you cards. I felt like a bit of a sap. But it was worth it.
Here's to 2016. And even more craziness.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment