Thursday 3 December 2015

November Favourites

Am I writing this while shoveling huge spoonfuls of buffalo milk ice cream into my gob? Yes, yes I am. Because that's the kind of crazy thing I get up to on a Saturday evening. Well, that and getting far too into Strictly. Still, press on we must, and let me just start by saying "IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS" and oh yes, what an absolute whirlwind these last few weeks have been. But of course, there's still been time to pick up a few new favourites, natrually:
  1. White Tea Reed Diffuser - The Scented Home [here]
    Oh my word, someone call heaven, I think they're missing a reed diffuser. This scent is so unbelievable that it still hits me and fills me with immense love every time I walk into my room. It's so subtle, so fresh and so uplifting I cannot get enough, which surprises me because often I find reed diffusers are so hugely overpowering for the first week or so that you want to gag, and then suddenly there is no scent left at all (*cough* Glade *cough*). I legit may have to start stockpiling this in case it gets discontinued or something.

  2. Coconut Moisturising Hand and Body Lotion
    This probably isn't the most glamourous of favourites but then again, neither is waking up on the twenty-third day of November to find you have to scrape frost off your car. The wintery cold aint the one, and my hands are prone to getting dry, splitting, bleeding and just generally being rather painful. NOT THIS YEAR, WINTER! NOT THIS YEAR. Instead, I'm lathering on this hand cream morning, evening, night, and whenever I so desire. It absorbs into the skin really quickly and smells more exotic than the weather appears outside, so you know, small victories.

  3. Instagram
    I've been a fan of Insta since I got my first iPhone back in 2012 (when overexposing your photos and plastering a frame over the top was all the rage). For the most part it's just been one of those apps I use to show off just how much cake I've consumed in a weekend. But this month I've got seriously into the social element, whether that's because autumnal foliage is the number one instagrammed scene at the mo, I cannot possibly divulge (it is)... One sec, just going to like every single photo of miniature white pumpkins while I can...

  4. Savse Juice (not pictured because I'm a fool)
    I've tried getting in on the green juice craze, I really have, but it's just not for me. I prefer to chew my vegetables, not drink them. But the bargain hunter in me couldn't resist trying a juice on special offer and I was happily surprised when I took my first sip and wasn't repulsed. The thing with this juice is yes, it's raw (so I basically got to walk around feeling like the epitome of 'health guru') but they've got the mix of both fruit and vegetables perfectly balanced so that there is a sweet flavour coming through, rather than that overpowering hint of pulverized kale which isn't so appealing. The carrot flavour is ma favvve.

  5. Graduating
    Way back in my July Favourites I shared the super awesome news that I'd received my university results, and a grand 128 days later, I actually got to walk across a stage (well, maybe 'hobble' is a better word for it), shake an important person's hand and claim my first class honours degree certificate. Obvs, I didn't miss the opportunity to blog about the entire thing, but in short, it was the most amazing day of my life and losing chunks from my feet was absolutely worth it. I will cherish my memories from the day forever #ClassOf2015
Spoiler alert: December favourites will almost certainly include Advent Calendar chocolate. Well, when in Rome!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment