Tuesday 1 December 2015

So you impulse bought on Black Friday, now what?

Black Friday is a strange phenomenon, especially considering that up until about a year or so ago, Britain refused to believe it was such a thing. Mainly because, spoiler alert, it's an American holiday. But fast forward to today and I find myself sipping a freshly brewed latte that was just given unto me by my family's new coffee machine.

The whole thing is completely laughable, I agree. But, I'm taking comfort in the knowledge that we weren't the only ones being made total suckers out of; there were a bunch of people leaving Curry's swinging the coffee machine they never knew they wanted just as we were. We all tried not to make eye contact but we all shared something special that day. Mostly, tasty coffee.

I've spent the majority of this weekend glued to my laptop surfing every single e-commerce site known to man in the hope of obtaining things I don't really want, but sort of want because they're 20% off. Sadly, to little avail. While roughly 75% of my Christmas gifts were able to be purchased with a nice little discount (sadly I cannot disclose from where in case Secret Squirrels are listening reading, but I will say that I was mighty impressed with Selfridges), I found nothing for myself. Well, actually, I did, in the form of about four pairs of suede ankle booties. Only to find they were ALL sold out in my size. Since when was size seven so popular? {Ed's note: I found a pair of boots in my size. And bought them. Huzzah}

I mean, I like this whole discount concept because, spoiler alert, I'm a cheapskate (and hey, I've got a pretty nice coffee machine out of it), but I do think I may've become a little obsessed. Still, roll on January sales, mumma wants a Kitchen Aid!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment