Friday 25 March 2016

Five Things

1. LOOKING AFTER MY (CLEARLY DEFUNCT) IMMUNE SYSTEM
After spending a rough two weeks battling a nasty throat infection (followed by a cold) and feeling hugely sorry for myself, I've decided to take serious action and invest in these immune-boosting products. Obviously, I'm well aware that I could be buying into something totally bogus, but if there's even a tiny chance that these extra vitamins and what-not will help to keep me ship-shape-and-shiny, I'm down with it.

2. MY GROWING 'BOOKS I'VE READ THIS YEAR' PILE
Admittedly, it's growing slowly due to life being ceerazy and it being near impossible to find downtime where I'm awake enough to process words, but growing it is. Right now I'm really digging thrillers, which is something I never thought I'd say... it must be my advancing age.

3. CADBURY'S MINI EGGS POPPING UP EVERYWHERE
Anyone who knows me knows that I am sucker for Mini Eggs. I just love them. It's 100% a good thing that you cannot buy them all year round because I would be the size of a house (and probably eternally sick because of the amount of sugar in them). So when Easter rolls around, I am all over them - and finding packets popping up all over the office means I get to sneak a few whenever I can and it brightens my day.

4. THESE TWO SHORT WORK WEEKS
Thanks to the Easter holiday, we Brits get a four-day weekend at the end of this week (score!), plus it means that for the next two weeks, we only work four days. It's like music to my ears! I'm looking forward to chilling out, scoffing some chocolate (see point 3) and just generally having a nice time.

5. WATERMELON, PEACH AND RASPBERRY JUICE FROM BILL'S
I love going to restaurants that put as much effort into their beverage menu as they do their food menu, so naturally when I saw this freshly made juice on offer, I had to order it. Especially considering it would be way to much effort to attempt to make this at home - have you seen the size of watermelons? Where on earth would I keep one of those?

~ Eleanor xo

2 comments:

  1. I've been taking vitamin c since the start of the year and it might be coincidence but my cold was certainly shorter than normal!
    It might be a load of crap but I don't think there is any harm in giving it a go.

    Xxx
    Claire
    http://www.theclairediary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly my thinking; it can't hurt to try! And you've definitely inspired me to keep taking the vitamins - colds are the worst!

      Eleanor xx

      Delete