Thursday 10 December 2015

A Day in The Life: An All Agency Day & Getting Behind the Wheel of a Citroën

I won't lie, I had a superb time writing my last Day in The Life post so I felt it only fair to make this a regular thing when exciting things go down at work.

Let me set the scene: it's a cold, dark, rainy and everything-else-you'd-expect-from-a-December-day Thursday and Citroën have invited all of their agencies to their UK headquarters to attend an aptly named "all agency day" to give us a rundown of what's a-happenin' in the world of Citroën and to let us loose in some of their most popular vehicles. Here's how it all went down:

{Ed's note: The day was hella long so this has been edited down a teeny bit}

5:30am Awake feeling the complete opposite of bright eyed and bushy tailed. Use the time wisely to groan, complain and Google some random crap. Manage to pull self out of bed and dress in something that at least looks like it matches. There's a high chance it doesn't.

6:40am Leave for work. Grimace at how dark it is. Mum's parting remark: "it'll be Christmas soon!". Not sure what to make of that. Barrel down the A322 belting out my favourite High School Musical numbers. The Troyella duets are the best. #IVEGOTTAGOMAOWNWAAAAAAY

7:42am Jump in Account Director's car and head northwards to Coventry. Remember what a dull drive it is. Become acutely aware of the lack of caffeine in my system. Attempt to keep eyes focused and not let myself slip into oblivion.

9:07am Arrive at Citroën UK headquarters. Given a pass with my name on. Very swish. Other agencies in attendance all sit in the foyer. Everyone's eyeing everyone else up. Start to feel a bit like I'm on a school trip. Or The Apprentice.

9:45am We're taken to the top floor and shown into the Boardroom. I muse aloud how I'm surprised the room is so large. Mentally face-palm. Everyone eyes the tables lined with food at the edges of the room. Pour myself some OJ and pick a croissant. Realise what a terrible mistake I've made while trying to eat said croissant and spilling crumbs everywhere.

10am The day gets going and we're taken through a whole host of presentations about the brand, their goals for 2016 and the latest top secret info about the cars and surprisingly-sort-of-cool technology. Someone accidentally mentions something they shouldn't. Attempts to recover with a "but that's not to be shared outside these four walls". Wonder if they're aware that actually it's three walls and one massive floor-to-ceiling window.

11:30am We're all put through our paces with a "fun quiz" about Citroën. It's most certainly not a fun quiz. We then all venture downstairs to get a proper in-depth tour around the Nemo van, the Grand C4 Picasso, the C4 Cactus and the C1. These people know a lot of stuff.

12:50pm The buffet lunch is served. Absolute worst nightmare.

1:15pm We're taken outside to begin our test driving session. In pairs we each clamber into the cars. A procession of about eight Citroëns makes its way around Coventry. It's all fun and games until it's my turn. Can't get the indicators on the C3 to stop. Hysterical laughing ensues. Keep saying "I do know how to drive, I swear!". Turns out I'm not so good at test driving. 

6:16pm Arrive back in Windsor. Hella thankful to be back in the safe arms of my Fiat. Even if she is running rather low on fuel. Make sure to pull into the petrol station with only two of their twelve pumps open. #Blessed.

7:10pm Manage to make it home in time to appreciate the full wack of a mahoosive headache. Blacked out, probably.

As you can tell, I had a fun old day, and my Snapchat story, as the kids would say, "was off the chain."
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment