Thursday 31 December 2015

A Few Christmas Bits

I considered doing a full-on LOOK WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAAAAAS post but the thought made me shudder a bit inside. So instead, I've decided to select a few gifts that I couldn't resist chit-chatting about, because as we all know, if there's one thing I love, it's talking about stuff I like.

This isn't about bragging or any other kind of negative nonsense (love that word), it's about me embracing the fact that no matter how much we all deny it, everyone loves a good nosy at what everyone else received. #AmIRight.
1. Monin 1L Vanilla Coffee Syrup (+ pump)
Because if there's one thing I love, it's flavoured coffee. The cupboards in my house are filled with an array of coffee syrups; my dad is a purveyor of wine, I am a purveyor of coffee syrups. It's not quite the same thing, but it works. Vanilla, of course, is the absolute classic and I pretty much use it daily, so I deemed a one-litre bottle (with accompanying pump, a la many well-known coffee-shops) a completely necessary addition to my growing collection.

2. John Lewis Cashmere Gloves
These are so comfortable I can't even stand it. Well, I can, because they'll be perfect for when Winter actually shows up and it's colder than eleven-degrees outside. I'm hoping this happens soon because it's incredibly difficult to know how to dress when there's a storm battering outside, but it's way too warm to bundle up.

3. Hedgehog Print Cushion
Because as an adoptive hedgehog mother, I need something to remind me of him during the months he's hibernating somewhere in the garden. So adorable!

4. Chocolate
It would one-hundred-percent not be Christmas without a Terry's Chocolate Orange... or about a thousand tonnes of Dairy Milk. You could probably sink a ship with the amount I unwrapped this Christmas, and I'm looking forward to rectifying any particularly depressing January days with a good helping shoved into my gob.

5. Bath & Beauty Faves
I know shower gels are characteristically un-glamourous, but I really don't have enough time to take baths, so showers are my equivalent and shower gels are my luxury product of choice. I'm also super into looking after my skin right now so Neal's Yard and Korres are perfecto. I also swear that after using 'Sensual Jasmine', the cold I'd been battling totally disappeared. Well, for a little while anyway.

I'm so excited to try out these Lancôme mascaras; because as we all know, I love a good mascara, and I've heard only good things about Lancôme (including that Kendall Jenner wears it so).

6. L'Occitane 'Cherry Blossom' Candle
This candle represents one of the many candles I was gifted this year (others included Wild Jasmine, Sparkling Snow, Lavender and Cinnamon & Clove). I inhaled the scent from this candle for a good five minutes or so before I could get a grip on myself and declare that "this'll make a good spring scent" like a total mad woman. I now have the fun task of attempting to find a home for them all...

7. Cath Kidston Christmas Mug
I love Cath Kidston mugs; not only are they so adorable it hurts, they are the perfect size for a whopping cup of coffee in the morning. Which is of course, the most important thing. I've also made the executive decision to use this mug all year round because it's so fab.

8. Fossil Wallet
I'm hugely attached to my current four-year-old Mango croc-effect wallet, but sadly, my need to be as lazy as possible and take only my cards and iPhone out when I run errands means it's no longer up to scratch. This wallet is specifically designed to house notes, coins, credit cards, gift cards and your mobile telephone. It's also the nicest tan leather ever and I am in love.

Sadly, no Zac Efron under my tree (again) this year, but here's to hoping.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment