Thursday 10 March 2016

Five Things


1. EXPLORING HOLBORN
I rarely get to visit London these days (even though I live about a forty minute train journey away), so when I discovered that I was spending Friday living it large in our London office because we had a meeting planned, I was secretly super hyped. Holborn, as it turns out, is mega cool. Too cool for me, definitely. Maybe it's because the sun was shining, but this corner of London is truly spectacular. The number of kitch coffeehouses I strolled past during my lunch break (where I may or may not have found myself slightly lost and with a Google Maps app that refused to load) was crazy. And because I'm majorly uncool and embarrassing, I wanted to Instagram every single one. In the end I opted for the Holborn Grind, which is only a couple of doors down from the office.

2. PLAID SHIRT OVERLOAD
I'm ready to admit that I may have a problem. The number of shirts I've bought in the last few months is borderline preposterous. Nobody needs to own this many shirts. Especially when they all look practically identical. I just can't help myself, ok? Stripes, checks, navy and white are my four weaknesses when it comes to clothing. (If you're wondering, I picked up this navy check shirt and checked dress from Forever 21 this weekend. I love them, but I hate myself.)

3. CELEBRATING MOTHER'S DAY WITH SWEET PEAS
When we were kids, my sister and I had a tradition where we'd always buy our mum sweet peas on Mother's Day. I can't quite remember why we did it, or in fact, why we stopped, but this year I decided to bring it back and hot-footed it over to one of her favourite garden centres to purchase a pot. Sure, I looked a bit lost while picking out what I felt would be the perfect colour combination, and then I had the mahoosive task of trying to keep the plant alive for seven days, but the look on my mum's face when she opened it told me it was worth it. I'm such a suck up.

4. HOMEMADE SPELT ROLLS
Nothing on this earth makes me happier than freshly baked bread. Except perhaps peanut butter. But you can put that on bread so the point still stands. I have always loved our family breadmaker and because of that, I know it's a gadget I'll always have in my home, even when I'm old and grey. Making bread is so easy to do and I find it so comforting. Recently we've been using the breadmaker to create various doughs which we then roll out, shape into balls and bake in the oven. Spelt flour is one of my favourites and these rolls taste delicious!

5. UPPING MY FITBIT GAME
I've had my FitBit now for almost three months so I'd say I've pretty much got the hang of it. For a while I mostly just wore it to see how many steps I did each day without really thinking about it. The numbers weren't bad, but being the competitive person that I am, I became determined to increase my daily step count and improve my ranking on the leaderboard at work. I can't exactly compete with the people who are marathon training or who walk eleven miles to their nearest train station, but I find wearing my Flex a really good motivation to actually get up and take my lunch break outside, have a brisk walk around Windsor, get some fresh air and be back at my desk for a productive afternoon. Even when the weather is shocking (which it really has been recently) I feel so much better knowing I'm doing something good for myself.

~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment