Friday 4 March 2016

Photo Diary: February Round Up

Yellow tulips are my spirit animal. I know that's not possible. But you know what I mean.
I mean, does this even need a caption?
Wondering why these cups aren't available all year round @ Starbucks, Windsor
When prospective clients swing by the office and the place basically becomes a florist @ Windsor, Berkshire
All New York everything
My sister sent me a picture of a sign she'd seen. I've no idea what she's insinuating...
Let the countdown begin!
Ooops more tulips can I get a "yolooooo"
The thing I find with February is that every year I get pulled into the same trap of thinking it's a super short month so it'll fly by. But of course, that isn't actually true (and it definitely isn't this year considering it has twenty-nine days).

So it basically feels like it's been winter for about twelve years and I'd very much like that to turn around sometime soon. And that's not just because my new favourite find, car windscreen de-icer, is about to run out and I'm loathed to buy more when spring is theoretically so close around the corner. Oh what life would be like if I lived in a country where my day's were not so ruled by the weather. Sigh.

But here's some other stuff that went down in February:
  • I tried out windscreen de-icer for the first time and holy moly I have lived a very sheltered life up until this point.
  • Reading Gone Girl caused me physical pain after I managed to drop it spine first onto my foot and I bruised like a peach.
  • I finished reading Gone Girl and while I thought the plotline was super cool, I am still pretty miffed at the ending. Does the author wanna like, write a sequel maybe? Please?!
  • I promptly stopped drinking sparkling water daily after I read an article about how it strips the enamel from your teeth.
  • I bought a hilariously cute Valentine's Day card from Etsy but the card that arrived was not only incorrect, but Tinder themed.
  • I had a lot of bad luck with deliveries in general.
  • I stopped kidding myself and decided to take off my FitBit at weekends.
  • I then realised that by doing that, it would appear as though I only did sixteen steps at the weekend so decided to start wearing it again.
  • As much as I love Megan Fox, New Girl just isn't the same without Zooey Deschannel.
  • I'm trying to perfect my Australian accent so sometimes while I'm driving I talk to myself in an accent. It's weird. I know.
  • After about six months of telling myself it was something I needed to do ASAP, I finally created a spreadsheet containing all of my finances. I should probably consider getting a life sometime soon.
  • My 'channel my inner #GirlBoss' New Years resolution is coming along fabulously.
  • I got to see the skyline of New York (while my feet were firmly on the ground in Windsor) as my sister FaceTimed me while she was in the new One World Trade Center. It was awesome.
  • I celebrated six whole months of continued full-time employment.
  • A holiday to my favourite place in EspaƱa was booked for June.
  • Apparently February 23rd is National Toast Day and I'm totally down for celebrating that.
  • I discovered that both the town I work in and the town I live in are in the running to get their own Monopoly boards so that's exciting.
  • I watched Big Hero 6 for the first time and I swear it totally destroyed me.
  • It looks like reading thrillers before going to sleep gives me very colourful dreams...
  • My favourite app, Mailbox, shut down and I am honestly bereft.
  • I had a couple of holiday days to use up before the end of the month so I enjoyed some long weekends and felt like a total truant.
  • Leonardo finally won that Oscar. 
I'm also drowning in chocolate so the thought of Easter coming up makes me feel slightly nauseous.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment