Thursday 8 October 2015

Photo Diary: The September Round Up

My sick new wheels ~ driving her is like driving a white fluffy cloud
Salmon, scrambled eggs and a latte. Just yes. Yes everything. @ Secretts Rendezvous, Milford
My intro piece to my new colleagues in the work e-newsletter. What a fab first impression... 
Couldn't resist snapping this crystal blue sky @ Royal Windsor Shopping, Windsor
A chicken burger with bacon and avocado and the best cheesy fries *drools* @ Flaming Cow, Eton
Extended family catch up in a countryside Inn @ Coppleridge Inn, Motcombe
Harvesting our homegrown blackberries because I'm basically Martha Stewart
These Autumn cups are saaaaa cute! @ Starbucks, Windsor
I love these pastel buildings ~ Never forget to look up! @ High Street, Windsor
I may've turned twenty-one in August, but adulthood really began this month. That is, if we don't count the number of Saturday afternoons I spent holed up on my sofa watching Disney Channel, and totally loving it (has anyone else seen 'Liv and Maddie'? #GameChanger).

Anyway, I digress. September saw me start to properly settle into my job (including a whirlwind day trip to London for the unveiling of our new company branding); I bought my very own car - a Fiat 500 Lounge named Felicity, but I call her Flick for short (just like the Ant from A Bug's Life); I purchased car insurance, road tax and all of that other legal mumbo-jumbo; I signed up for Nectar and Tesco Clubcards; was super pleased to discover that the shares I hold in a certain telecoms company are doing better than I expected; and was enrolled into a pension scheme. I mean, talk about keen.

Still, with every passing day it feels more and more strange to not be heading back to my university town; preparing for another year of hardcore studying and super fun nights on the town. Instead, I wake up at 6:30am and head out for a full day of work, looking forward to when I can crawl back into bed again at about 9pm later that day. Life post-university is wild.

But I have to say, I am enjoying this whole "monthly salary" thing. Yes, this is something I can definitely get used to. Especially when I work in a town where Jo Malone, L'Occitane and Neal's Yard are within walking distance... *forces self to leave bank card at home*.

Now, let's all close our eyes and wish for a Pinterest worthy October!
~ Eleanor xo

NOT FORGETTING:
Apple announced the Apple Pencil... basically just a glorified stylus; The Queen became the longest reigning monarch in British history (LOVE her); and the #PSL made its even-pumpkinier comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment