Wednesday 2 March 2016

February Favourites

February has been a month consisting of a lot of chocolate (see exhibit A: New York haul and exhibit B: my food diary), I mean, a lot a lot. As in, 'how have I not developed diabetes' a lot. I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering how long I've got until my arteries decide they can no longer deal with how I'm treating them. But alas, let's not dwell.

Embarrassingly, my most favourite thing that's happened this month is getting to witness the evenings get progressively lighter. After a long day, it definitely boosts my mood to see even a tiny slither of light still coming through the clouds. Now all that's left is the warmer temperatures to match! Please? Anyone? Hello?!
  1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    I really loved this show when the first season aired on E4 like a million years ago, but when the second season came out, my social life was obviously far too hectic for me to be able to find time to sit down and watch each episode every week so I found myself flagging way behind and ultimately, giving up entirely. Until a few weeks ago when I somehow managed to catch the first episode of the new season and was reminded why I digged this show so much in the beginning. And thanks to my trusty pal Netflix and his bro 'automatic next episode play', I whizzed my way through all unseen episodes and I now I'm totally hooked once again and wishing Jake Peralta was my real life best bud.

  2. Korres Sensitive Cleansing Gel
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the Ren cleansing gel I was using before this, but I like to play the field when it comes to skincare, so when I saw this, I knew I had to try it out. (Also it was on special offer so it was basically fate). This gel is way more foaming than I'd probably like it to be; I mean, I suppose the whole lathering thing means it's actually doing something to my skin, but when it's 6:45am and I'm trying to wash my face, it more often than not ends up in my eyes and up my nose. Still, it smells absolutely amazing and that, as we all know, is the most important thing to me.

  3. Tossed: The Healthier Eating Place
    If you're a lover of exceedingly expensive, yet massively healthy (and tasty) lunches, then this place is about to become your Mecca. Whenever we have client meetings up north, we always swing by Tossed at a service station on the M4; the breadth of food choices is astonishing and it all looks so so tasty. What's great is that it's all made fresh (and you can totally tell), but if you can't quite find what you're looking for, they'll make it for you right there and then. As it's usually a quick pit-stop for me, I opt for either the tomato, mozzarella and pesto wrap, or chicken and avocado baguette.

  4. Anthropolgie Zodiac Sign Trinket Dish
    I spotted this dish in Anthropologie months ago and just knew I had to have it. I'm super into this whole zodiac/constellation trend that's going on at the moment and this is just lovely. The dish is the perfect size to sit on my nightstand and house the jewelry I wear each day, my watch, FitBit, hand cream, Peanut Butter Cup wrappers, lip balm and any other crap I decide to bestow upon it. The blue and gold combo is gorge and if you look underneath the dish, it has the shape of the star sign and its corresponding trait (which for Leo is 'Fearless').

  5. Blackberry Monin Coffee Syrup
    A couple of months ago I'd have thought putting fruity flavoured syrup in my coffee was pure insanity. And then the winter coffee shop menus came about and everything changed. I found myself drawn to the Winter Berry latte from Caffe Nero and once I learnt their secret ingredient (that's actually not very secret...) I couldn't not find me some blackberry syrup. So now weekend afternoons are reserved for a warm cup of coffee with a drop of blackberry flavouring and a side order of Cantuccini because as we all know, I'm super fancy.
Catch you on the Spring-side.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment