Tuesday 20 October 2015

Gratituesday // 20.10.15

Adulthood is taking serious effect these days and sometimes it's hard to keep positive when not everything goes the way you hope it will. I had a sort of epiphany while stuck in traffic last week and realised that it might be time to focus on the good stuff that's happening; and so I present to you: #Gratituesday. A list of things that've made me happy or grateful recently (pretty much exactly what it says on the tin):
  1. Falling in love with sunflowers again after having a beautiful bouquet on my bedside table all week (and then buying some gigantic sunflower seeds ready to grow my own next year. I am the next Martha Stewart, after all).
  2. Getting home to a warm slow-cooked casserole and an even warmer shower after being rescued from the side of the motorway by the RAC after our tire blew out.
  3. Planning Graduation Ball festivities with my pals. I can't believe how close it is now!
  4. Watching a beautiful orange sunset while driving through Windsor Great Park one evening. I wish a photo would do it justice.
  5. Waking up toasty warm because we've officially turned the heating on in our house.
  6. Realising it's 100% 'Christmas films showing on weekend afternoon television' season and reveling in the joy while hunting online for seasonal scented candles.
  7. One Direction's new song being more perfect than I could ever have imagined (see what I did there?). And then, someone created a mashup of Perfect and T Swift's Style - it's magical!
  8. Rediscovering my love for toasted pitta bread and guacamole thanks to some recent work drinks which (to my delight) ended up including a charcuterie platter, beef chilli nachos, fries and all manner of tasty bites... as well as civilised alcoholic beverage consumption.
  9. You know that hedgehog I wrote about in my July Favourites? Well, last weekend I got to watch him snooping around bird feeders gobbling all the fallen seed, which according the V reliable source that is Wikipedia, means he is preparing for hibernation. What a smart guy.
  10. Finding the perfect weekday afternoon pick-me-up in the form of the juiciest and downright tastiest organic plums from my local farm shop (yup, that one I wrote about).  
Merry Gratituesday to all, and to all a good night!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment