Thursday 15 October 2015

My Kind of Weekend

Everyone has their ideal weekend, right? Well, I certainly do, and it goes a little something like this...

Saturday morning was spent at my favourite place in the world: our local garden centre (Right, because you didn't know I've already hit middle age). After a mix up with table numbers and my dad ordering almost every item on the breakfast menu, we settled down with our lattes and breakfast plates (I went for scrambled eggs and salmon because OBVS) and gossiped about life. We then decided it would probably be a good idea to attempt to walk off the consequent food coma and went for a stroll through the outdoor plant area (I was internally squealing at all the gorgeous colours) until we found ourselves in literal heaven. And when I say heaven I obviously mean: THE CHRISTMAS SECTION. Sure, it may only be a couple of days into October, but if a garden centre deems it Christmas season, then who am I to argue?

After nearly losing myself in the seasonal euphoria and picking out a new reed diffuser for my bedroom, we headed to the farm shop and picked up some tasty local (& organic) produce, including: chocolate, cheese, plums, rye flour, carrots, duck breasts, pork & marmite sausages, loose leaf tea and a few other goodies (including beautiful sunflowers). I couldn't resist spending the remaining hours of Saturday curled up on the sofa, reading blogs and munching on these suuuper delish chocolate buttons.

Sunday was an exciting day for the minuscule sports fan inside me. I am a lover of American Football and October 4th saw the Dolphins and the Jets cross the ocean to face off at Wembley Stadium in London. While it was technically the Miami Dolphins' home game, something told me to root for the New York Jets; and it ended up being a good call because they won! #Balling. The Dolphins' put on a great show though, with fireworks, bubble machines AND water cannons firing all over the place while their team raced onto the field. I enjoyed sitting in the warm Autumn sun, snapchatting the entire Dolphins team lunging (what a view, am I right), vowing never to eat carbs again in the hope of becoming NFL cheerleader material, all while waving my flag and pretending to know anything about the game.

And in amongst all the fun, I still managed to find time to catch up on the latest episode of Once Upon A Time. #DarkSwan is goals.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment