Monday 3 August 2015

July Favourites

This month's proudest accomplishment is a toss up between:
A) Getting totally addicted to watching Millionaire Matchmaker re-runs on ITV (oh my gosh I could binge watch this show all day) or
B) Becoming the proud (self-proclaimed and totally unofficial) adoptive parent of a wild hedgehog.
As you can tell, it's a close call, so I'll let you decide.

July has been a whirlwind month and time seems to be flying by (is this what life is like when you're old?), next thing you know, it'll be Christmas *internal happy dance*. Anyhoo, this month I've been loving:
  1. Gaining graduate status!
    I woke up bleary eyed on the 13th day of July, pulled open my laptop and, partaking in what I presume to be an out-of-body experience, witnessed myself burst into full on tears after reading "graduating with first class honours" written after my name. Yes, after three crazy years, I am an advertising graduate! Three bouquets of flowers, one helium balloon and a selection of congratulatory cards arrived just for me that week and even now, it is the best feeling ever.

  2. The Waterlogged iPhone app
    This month I decided to challenge myself to see if I could drink the recommended two litres of water each day. As I am not usually a huge water drinker (I know, I'm a disgrace), I wasn't so sure I'd be able to stick to it. However, thanks to my trusty iPhone, I found a free app (my fave) that I could use to log how much water I consumed each day and chart how it changed over a period of time. It's easy to use, it's a beautiful interface and most importantly, it actually kept me motivated to drink as much water as I could. Genius!

  3. Rituals Hamman Hot Scrub
    People who dislike salt scrubs are the eighth wonder of the world - I mean, what's not to love!? This Rituals scrub was a new find for me this month and I really like the results; I use it every Sunday and I find it totally takes the week off and sets me up for what's to come. My skin feels so smooth and completely exfoliated after using it and the scent lasts for such a long time afterwards, which is of course, in my opinion, a very important bonus.

  4. Looking after our resident garden hedgehog
    Having spent the last three years living in a city where the closest thing you get to wildlife is an oversized rat in the local park, I am loving being back in suburbia. A few years ago we spotted a tiny round hedgehog nosing around our garden and this month we discovered that he's a) still here and b) a long running resident. How could we not rush out and purchase these adorable vitamin and mineral filled hedgehog bites? French too, no less. #ImsoFancy #YouAlreadyKnowwwww

  5. Homemade Apricot and Almond Bread
    My parent's new Panasonic bread maker is my new favourite thing and even better, its instruction booklet came with a bunch of fun and tasty recipes to try out. Muchas excitement por moi. I was one very happy camper curling up on a Sunday evening watching the new series of Dragons' Den, munching on slices of fresh, warm white bread with pieces of apricot and almonds baked inside, topped with Bonne Maman blackcurrant jam. Delish!

  6. Zara Organic Cotton - basic striped shirt
    I am obsessed with Zara's organic cotton range and even though I already own three shirts (one in white, one in grey and this striped one), I feel I need more. They are so unbelievably comfortable to wear and because they're not fitted, they compliment your figure and hang really well (score!). They are amazing to just throw on over some skinny jeans and I think I'll just continue live in these forever.
This next month, August (duh), is in my opinion, the best of the year (December is a close second) and it's totally not because it's the month of my birth. All my fellow Leo's put your hands up! I'm looking forward to all the fun in store... and to some exciting changes!
~ Eleanor xo

Bonus: Favourite Track: War Paint by Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment