Friday 16 October 2015

Blackberry Compote

I know what you're thinking, "Eleanor, you're twenty-one, at the height of your youth, what are you doing making compote?" Well, I'll tell you what, my amigos. After learning how crazy expensive blackberries are during my perilous years as a student, I was adamant I wouldn't let our homegrown blackberries go to waste.

I wasn't exactly sure how to go about making a compote, so obviously, I did what any twenty-first century native does, I googled it. Only, I couldn't find a recipe I was 100% sure about, so then I did what any new baker does, and decided to wing it. By combining the ingredients and methods of a few recipes, I became a self-proclaimed compote extraordinaire.

All you'll need are these four snazzy ingredients, some kind of food processor (or a smoothie maker) and about fifteen minutes.
Ingredients:
200g Blackberries
33g Caster Sugar
2tbsp Lemon juice (or, if you're feeling fancy, you can use a fresh lemon)
A pinch of cinnamon (honestly just a pinch) ~ optional
*These measurements can be altered to your taste
Method:
1. Wash and chop your blackberries in half (or at least, into smaller pieces)
2. Measure and combine caster sugar, lemon juice and cinammon
3. Pour all ingredients into a food processor (or in my case, a smoothie maker) and whizz up until smooth
4. Serve straight away or store in a jar in your fridge

Make sure you use your compote within two days, or freeze it ready to enjoy at a later date!

Now, I'm off to buy some ice cream so I can enjoy my new found skill.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment