Friday 2 October 2015

September Favourites

I'll tell you what's not been a favourite this month, this cold I'm currently battling. Nothing makes you feel like the absolute epitome of health quite like blowing your nose in a room full of people and being so congested that when you pick up the phone and say "hello", the person at the end (who should recognise your voice) goes "Oh, sorry is Eleanor there?". Yes, yes she is. She's just having difficulty breathing properly right now...

But I digress; with Beechams and Innocent orange juice in hand, lemme tell you a thing (about what I actually have been loving this month):
  1. Downton Abbey
    I know, I too am appalled that it took me this long to jump on the Downton train. Please, forgive me. I've been meaning to watch it for ages but it always seemed like too much of a commitment, what with the episodes being five hours long. Slight exaggeration there, but my desire to squeeze in as many episodes as possible means staying up late on school work nights is now proving impossible to resist! Period dramas honestly give me life. *gush, gush, gush*.

  2. Felicity the Fiat
    Driving a different car after four years is a very surreal experience (if we don't count the day in 2013 where I drove a Porsche, a Ferrari and a Lamborghini...) but Felicity has made me feel right at home behind the wheel. She is a 1.2 Fiat 500 Lounge and an absolute dream to drive, handle and maneuver. I also love the feeling of knowing she's 100% mine; not a gift or a loan, I am paying for her myself, out of my own salary. Like a real grown up. I can't wait to see where our adventures take us! (As you can tell, I'm ridiculously attached to her).

  3. Shea Butter Yankee Candle
    A candle that when lit makes the air around you smell like a bubble bath?! Hells to the yeah, my friends! This scent is absolutely perfect for this time of year; when you're curling up on a dreary Sunday afternoon, watching some Downton, with your fairy lights on, some dark chocolate in hand and a fluffy blanket keeping you warm. Yes, this'll do nicely.

  4. Essie 'no chips ahead' Top Coat [here]
    I will be honest with you, I never believed a product like this could exist. I always saw nail polish as inevitably chippable and any top coat that claimed to feel otherwise was just a good marketing ploy. But Essie, oh how you've proved me wrong. THIS STUFF WORKS. My nail varnish stays completely and totally in tact for days. I don't know what kind of fairy dust they've put in this but my golly it works (soz, that's the incessant Downton watching leaping out of me). Seriously, I'm so impressed with this stuff, and it's an absolute steal.

  5. Lindt Creation Pistachio Delight
    This year has changed me. Before, the thought of dark chocolate was almost too much to bear, and nuts? In chocolate!? The stuff of insanity! But now I can't seem to get enough of it. If I'm in the mood to pick out chocolate I'm heading straight to the dark chocolate section and picking out bars with all kinds of things in them. This pistachio and almond flavour is a dream; it's like a party's happening in my mouth and I'm the only one invited! (So far I've only found them on sale in Waitrose, so head there if I've got you in the mood)

  6. Zara Blanket Scarf
    I believe it was Aristotle who was once quoted saying "scarf weather is better weather". Obviously, that's a lie. But I'd like to think that given the chance, Aristotle would've totally said that. Right now, there's nothing better than leaving my house in the morning with my hair in a top knot and my cozy blanket scarf around my neck. It's so comfy and warm that I've barely taken it off; the print also makes it perfect for this time of year.
Time to drink pumpkin spiced lattes and dance on the table!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment