Friday 7 August 2015

Photo Diary: The July Round Up

My grandma has a saweeeeeet view from her back garden @ Elmstead Market
Salmon and prawn salad served with garlic bread? Interesting mix, but one I can totally roll with @ The Black Boy Pub, Weeley
These freshly picked organic cherries from our local farm shop didn't last long @ Secretts Farm Shop, Milford
Celebrating my university results with not one, but three beautiful bouquets of flowers
Witnessing the Windsor Castle Guards doing their thang @ High Street, Windsor
The architecture in Windsor is all kinds of goals *heart eye emoji* @ Market Street, Windsor
Sipping a rather pricey latte and enjoying the fact I was wearing a skirt @ Peascod Street, Windsor
Well, it would've been rude to make my sister holiday shop alone... @ Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth
Sunflowers are bae. And then some. And then some more. God I love sunflowers.
Wasn't so keen on the addition of pumpkin seeds but everything else was top notch @ Bill's Restaurant, Guildford
Leveling up on skincare (it's possible I've been reading too many beauty blogs)
I'm convinced that "July" means "the muggiest month in existence" in Swahili because goodness me it has been unhappily warm. My make up has taken on the accidental aesthetic of what I can only describe as the "melted face" look, and this whole 'switching from trousers to shorts, to trousers' thing is really quite difficult to maneuver. Am I dancing the hokey-cokey? Is this really what it's all about?! Knowing my luck, probably.

Still, there were brief interludes of sunshine where the world and his wife catapulted outside, fired up barbecues and drank Pimms until they could no longer work out if they were sucking a slice of cucumber or a slice of lemon; and it was all very joyful. My dad and I even threw together our own take on paella, basing it loosely on this Jamie Oliver recipe -- we are far too rebellious to follow the rules!

All the British schools broke up for summer, which meant helping my sister move her current classroom into storage ready for her new start in September. While I am very proud of her for not only got a new job, but also an amazing promotion, the most exciting part was how much of a Pretty Little Liar I felt carting things through a huge, eerie storage facility. No dead bodies in barrels unfortunately, but it was fun to fantasize about nonetheless. That sounded creepier than I intended... Soz.

Oh Autumn, please come quickly.
~ Sweaty Eleanor xo

NOT FORGETTING:
I found myself getting ever more frustrated with Pretty Little Liars; fangirled over the new Mockingjay Part 2 trailer (and loudly wished it was November already); started a new series on the blog, and I finalllllly said goodbye to my split ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment