Tuesday 10 May 2016

Five Things

1. THIS SEASON'S FRUITS & VEGGIES
After what feels like months of bookmarking delicious looking recipes, it's finally asparagus season once again! *sets off confetti canons*. Grilled asparagus with chunks of Spanish chorizo made one pretty tasty weekend lunch. Not only that, of course, as so many other of my favourite veggies are ripe and ready for the picking (including our homegrown rhubarb which I totally just cut, stewed up with orange juice and brown sugar and enjoyed with some seriously smooth custard - thanks to a tiny bit of help from my dad, obviously...).

2. GETTING THE LOWDOWN ON ALL THINGS VIRTUAL REALITY
Virtual reality, as I'm sure all you hip kids about town know, is the new big thing. It's not 360 filming, and if people catch you thinking it is, you'll be eaten alive. #VR, as it's known by the in-crowd at work, is not only filming something from 360 degrees, but actually capturing the depth and sound as a human eye and ear would. I had a two-hour long briefing last week (featuring a play around on a Samsung headset) and I walked out feeling super buzzed and wanting to tell every single soul about it. The stuff the agency I work for has captured so far is borderline insane and I can't wait to see what happens next! #NerdAlert.

3. TAKING MY RAY BAN WAYFARER LIGHT RAYS FOR A SPIN
I first spotted these on Ray Ban's Facebook page a little over a year ago, and then unwrapped them in August, but I am still so obsessed with them. They are the most beautiful sunglasses in the world and I still can't get over how lightweight and flattering they are. I wear sunglasses a lot of the time, but I'm rarely able to opt for these because the lens are so strong; I mean, you could probably look directly at the sun and not get blinded*, so it's always a special day when I can. Especially when the blue mirror matches my outfit. #Blessed.

*please do not try this at home

4. BLOSSOM
It kind of feels like spring has, for want of a better word, "sprung" out of nowhere. Suddenly everywhere I look there are enormous trees practically falling over fences with fragrant pink blossoms all begging to be instagrammed (I know, I have no self control). As much as I love watching the leaves fall from the trees in Autumn, there's something really calming about strolling past a tree as a breeze carries stray petals. But maybe that's just because I secretly wish I was Pocahontas... 

5. JT'S PUMPING NEW TRACK
I mean, is there anything more fantabulatory than a new Justin Timberlake track? The answer, of course, is no (all my fellow millennials know what I'm saying). And yes, I did just make up a whole new word to describe how psyched I am for this. Admittedly I'm slightly disappointed that it's actually for the soundtrack of a new Dreamworks film, but I was truly loving life when this came on Captial FM as I cruised through the streets, sunglasses on, basking in the sun with my air-con turned all the way up. You still got it, JT, you still got it.

~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment