Friday 3 July 2015

June Favourites

Am I sitting here writing this post while drinking coffee out of a mug with reindeers dancing on it and nibbling on ginger biscuits that for real taste like the embodiment of Christmas? You bet your sweet Aunt Petunia I am! (Soz, I've been re-reading the Harry Potter books and it's basically all I can think about now). Yes, it appears my body just can't let go of Christmas, even if it was over six months ago, or if you're being super organised, still five months away.

I may still be using my favourite Christmas mug because 2015 is flying by, I mean, how is it already three days into July? What is this witchcraft!?

June was a particularly quick month I feel, a week of which was spent on the sunny shores of the Algarve (not too shabby), and the rest were spent... Being totally productive and having zilch mental breakdowns... *cough cough*.

Anyway! Here's what I've loved this month:
  1. Nivea After Sun Moisture: After six days of lying in direct sun using both out-of-date sun cream and after sun, I was elated and almost in tears when I got home to find a new (in date) bottle of heaven Nivea in the fridge. Since my return almost two weeks ago (sob), I've been applying this to my skin every morning after I shower and occasionally in the evenings if my skin feels tight. It's really great quality, affordable and the aloe vera smell is heavenly!

  2. Before I Go To sleep by S J Watson: So I downloaded this book out of curiosity with the intention of reading it while on holiday... Instead, I ended up reading the entire book on the same day I downloaded it. I literally could not put it down. I'm now dying to see the film; seriously, if you enjoy mystery books with unexpected plot twists, pick up a copy of this book.

  3. Diorshow Iconic Mascara: I love a good mascara, but this? This is next level stuff. I need a full size tube of this asap because I am obsessed with how it looks. This was originally a gift so I'm not sure on the price, but I think we can assume it won't be in the affordable section of Boots. Either way, my lashes look longer, fuller and more defined, without being clumpy or heavy. It's a dream! *insert heart eye emoji here*.

  4. Pitch Perfect 2 Soundtrack: If you haven't been playing the song 'flashlight' on repeat for the last month then you must be living under a rock. It's an incredible track and Hailee Steinfeld (hola new girl crush) does an amazing job (listen to her acoustic version here and prepare to fall in love). I was so excited to finally see Pitch Perfect 2 and it was honestly everything I could've hoped for and more. And let's be real here, is there anything Elizabeth Banks can't do?! I am in awe!

  5. Zara Black Skinny Jeans: I've wanted a pair of black skinny jeans for about a century and this month I finally found a pair I loved! And even better, they were a super affordable price, a rarity in the kingdom of Zara. I've been wearing them so much lately, I love how comfy they are and how easy it is to dress them up or down. I feel so sophisticated!

  6. Tahitian Escape Shower Moisturiser: Seriously, I need this stuff on tap, it is amazing. It smells so fresh and exotic and is so nourishing on my skin (and at only £4.50 from M&S? Bargain). Can I please also have this in a scented candle, reed diffuser, perfume, and any other product that requires a scent? 
Here's to a sweltering July where I don't spontaneously combust or complain too much about the heat. Oh and that my uni results tell me I've passed.
~ Eleanor xo

Bonus: Favourite news story: "Pink flamingo receives brand new prosthetic leg after injury" via Mashable

No comments:

Post a Comment