Tuesday 3 May 2016

April Favourites

If there are any crazy typos or sentences that don't make sense in this we can blame either:
a) the fact I'm also attempting to paint my nails (when will I learn that this is not a good idea?)
b) the fact that I have been struck down by yet another illness *swoon*. Feeling super pumped that my multivitamin popping, Actimel drinking and copious fresh fruit and vegetable consuming has worked wonders. oh. WAIT.

Still, you know me, never one to complain. *tumbleweed*. Anyhoo, let's not dwell, let's chat about my favourite thangs from the last few weeks:
  1. Super Seeds Pumpkin Original Lift 9 Bar
  2. Is my car footwell now sporting what I would like to call 'birdcage chic'? And by that I mean, is my car footwell now covered in seeds? Yes, yes it is. Because these bars are so darn delicious but incredibly difficult to chow down on while attempting to maneuver traffic. I've been a fan of snacking on nuts and seeds for a while, but I can't just grab a handful and scoff them, I prefer them in bars, a la Nature Valley or Special K. However, those bars tend to include a lot of other not-so-healthy ingredients which sort of defeats the point, whereas 9 Bars are literally just seeds stuck together with some kind of healthy oil type thing. Really should've read the ingredient list before attempting to describe it... Either way, these are super healthy, super yummy and an instant filler-upper. Also, slight pumpkin obsession forming over here...

  3. Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara
  4. This favourite is more of a re-discovery. I loved this mascara when I first tried it way back in 2014 and I used the tube I had to death and I'm feeling no different this time around. What it does to my lashes is so subtle (is there anything worse than a mascara that makes you look like a terrifying doll?), it opens out my eyes and makes my eyelashes just that little bit longer, with zero clumps. It's so long lasting and just a dream to apply. Oh Revlon, how do you do it?

  5. Snapchat
  6. Before we all start throwing shade, I'm not so beyond my years that I've only just discovered the joy that is Snapchat. Hell no. My university years were taken to a whole new height by the introduction of this app, where sending 10 second clips of yourself pulling the most embarrassing faces to show how bored you were of writing an essay was all the rage. God knows what monstrous faces are still saved on the Snapchat servers. But I digress; this month Snapchat has windled its way into my favourites because I've discovered that you can actually follow celebrities and brands. Every morning and evening I'm clicking through various snap stories, seeing what's going down on the PLL set thanks to Shay Mitchell, learning all about Eva Longoria's turtles, the flawless make up looks of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, experiencing what it's like to shop like Paris Hilton and so much more. It's riveting.

  7. Home Fires
  8. I saw the commercial for the second season of this show the week before Easter, so naturally, I jumped on NowTV and marathoned the entire first season over the four day weekend, just in time to settle down on Sunday evenings with many other middle-aged Brits to indulge in some wartime drama. For real though, this show is great; I'm definitely preferring the second season to the first, but the characters and plot lines are so well written and every detail has been thought through. If wartime drama is your thing, you should definitely give this a try.

  9. Artisan Grains Chia Seeds
  10. I mean, clearly getting all this extra Omega 3, protein, iron and antioxidants has worked wonders on my defunct immune system. Or not. Still, I suppose stuff like this can never be fullproof and I'm sure that all this extra goodness has done something to help me in some way... But if we push aside my failing health, I really like these seeds; I picked up this box a week or two into April at my local farm shop and each morning I sprinkle about a teaspoon on top of my cereal and blueberries (or into smoothies whenever I find the time to make one) and off we go. Because they're so tiny, there's no taste to pick up, they're really just there to be consumed as part of your meal and once inside, that's where the magic happens. Adding superseeds to my diet is basically a no-brainer nowadays. 
And in case anyone had any doubts, tulips are still my all time number one favourite thing ever. Closely followed by peanut butter, obviously.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment