Tuesday 2 August 2016

July Favourites


Well another month has come and gone, and we're another week closer to Christmas (because that's what's important, right?). Working out what this month's favourites were was surprisingly difficult; usually I can predict what will be a favourite just a few days into the month but as life has been (mostly) spent on the sofa, there hasn't really been a lot of opportunities to discover new things... unless we count all the films I finally got around to watching (ugh, I blubbed like a baby at 'The Theory of Everything').

Calling the below 'favourites' may be a bit of a stretch, but it's not all a lie, I do really dig these things: 
  1. Tatler Magazine
    I'm at that point in my life where even though I'm not in full time education, I want to learn as much as I can, as often as I can. That's why I get the morning news sent straight to my inbox before I wake up in the morning. I just love learning new things, big or small, I'm down. So when I picked up a copy of this month's Tatler (having never done so before) I was interested to know what it was about and what it would teach me. And you know what, I loved it. I think this magazine is really great; the stories are insightful and unexpected, the topics are so varied with different viewpoints throughout, and everything is written so so well. Like a great book, I couldn't put this down.

  2. Infused Water - with cucumber and fresh mint
    I don't know if you know this, but for a couple of days in July, Britain barrelled head first into the sun. I mean, it was sweltering. Legs and arms out weather. Which was great fun (except for the fact that I had to spend the hottest day of the year hopping on and off trains to get to a hospital appointment #SweatCity), but it meant that hydration became everyone's top priority, even when the water that spewed out of the tap was in fact, lukewarm. Yuck. So I decided to fill up a pitcher of water and stick in the fridge for ultimate coolness. And then a lightbulb bedazzled with the Pinterest logo lit up inside my brain. Infusions! So I dropped in some chunks of cucumber and a generous amount of leaves from my very own mint plant,  stirred it all together and there we have it. Infused water is so fresh and tasty, it was the perfect pick-me-up during those long hot days.

  3. The Catch
    It has been a very long time since I was this excited about a television show. It's difficult to explain the storyline without giving lots of spoilers, but essentially it follows a private investigator who gets conned by her fiancĂ© and she and her team set about finding him and bringing him down. But of course, as with every good American drama, it isn't smooth sailing. At all. There are only thirteen episodes in the first season and my sister and I ploughed through them like you wouldn't believe. The plot line is full of twists that you never see coming and the cast are not only excellent actors, but also, largely very attractive. Watch the trailer here.

  4. Whole Earth Peanut Butter with Sunflower, Pumpkin & Flax Seeds
    It's no secret that I love me some peanut butter. Hand me a spoon and a jar of Sun Pat and we're going to get along just fine. But you know, occasionally a girl's gotta think about health and stuff and that's where Whole Earth comes in. I love Whole Earth nut butters, just by spreading a spoonful onto wheat free Swedish rye bread (yes, you heard correctly) I feel like I've undone a world of damage to my body. This Peanut Butter with Sunflower, Pumpkin & Flax Seeds just screamed "health" so I knew I had to try it out; it's so tasty and so filling, I can't get enough.

  5. Adventures
    This month was actually filled to the brim with fun activities, which ordinarily, wouldn't have seemed like a big deal, but since my injury (I know right, shocker! I never talk about it...) I became really self conscious and the excitement for doing things was mainly replaced with pain. So when July rolled around and I was able to use my hand and was no longer confined to a ghastly splint, I was actually able to do things (like the Farnborough Air Show, the Jaguar Factory Tour, picking sunflowers, attending a presentation day in honour of a late family member), you know, the kind of things that, in hindsight, you would hate to miss out on because of an injury. Life goes on, even when your hand isn't doing too well, and I'm so happy I was able to enjoy myself regardless.
~ Eleanor xo


No comments:

Post a Comment