Thursday 7 April 2016

Photo Diary: March Round Up

A day spent kicking it in Holborn means endless Instagram worthy snaps, obvs @ Holborn Grind, Holborn, London
On the scene with vanilla bean @ Starbucks, Windsor
As if Jo Malone would rent a property that's anything less than totally beautiful and historic @ High Street, Guildford
Still dreaming about this mighty fish finger sandwich @ Bill's Restaurant, Guildford
When Iris Apfel becomes the brand ambassador of one of your clients, these are totally necessary
Cannot describe how gorgeous these look AND smell
Nutritional Easter Sunday morning snack...
The barn conversion of dreams. Please let me live here! @ Hunts Hill Farm, Normandy
Easter bunny hooked me up pretty nice
I can't quite put into words how thrilled I am that winter is over. I mean, properly properly super duper pleased as punch and I pretty much talk about it every day to anyone that'll listen. Since the clocks went forward during the last weekend of March, there isn't a day that goes by without someone looking up from their computer, seeing light outside the window and exclaiming "omg, you guys, it's 5:15pm and it's still so light outside, I can't believe it!". Just a slice of British office life for you there.

Aside from the weather being all over the place, March was all kinds of busy, fuelled mainly by chocolate and propelled by to-do lists (most of which, by some miracle, were completed). Still, here's what else went down:
  • I spent the day in Hipster-topia, AKA, Holborn, while working in our London office. So many Instagrammable coffeehouses!
  • I took a trip to Oxford Street - it seemed like a good idea until I realised I was wearing heeled ankle boots and carrying a ten-tonne MacBook.
  • High School Musical 4 was announced and I was in euphoric heaven for about five minutes until I realised it's going to be made withOUT Kenny Ortega or the original cast. Not ok, Disney.
  • Work From Home by Fifth Harmony became my jam. How can I apply to become a member?
  • We tried our hand at making spelt bread rolls and they were amazing. Spelt is my favourite.
  • On one day we experienced every kind of weather possible: torrential rain, sunshine, clouds, light rain, hailstones and a flurry of snow. Crazy.
  • I started hitting high daily step counts thanks to my FitBit. I sort of hate it but also sort of love it.
  • The first season of The Muppets concluded and I already miss it.
  • I discovered that Friday afternoon meetings that occur during Beer O'Clock are some of the most fun. And wacky. #Ideation.
  • I realised that my obsession with checked cotton shirts had got a bit out of hand when I walked out of Forever 21 having bought multiple navy checks.
  • I outdid myself on Mother's Day. Though my wrapping skills are still as questionable as ever...
  • I managed to fall victim to a pretty nasty throat infection that saw me spend four whole (hellish) days in bed feeling hugely sorry for myself.
  • And thusly I ran out to Sainsbury's and stocked up on multivitamins and Actimel in the hope of fending off any more illness.
  • I made BFFs with a barista at my local Starbucks and she gave me an iced macchiato for free.
  • And then ruined everything by telling me that the only Starbucks in Windsor was shutting down in three days time.
  • I enjoyed a splendid lunch at Bill's featuring a watermelon, peach and raspberry juice and a pretty tasty fish finger sandwich.
  • I went to our local Farmer's Market and made friends with a nice woman who runs an artisan bakery. Not only did I tell that her bread is "nice to look at", but also "I'm a fan of bread". *facepalm*
  • The first day of spring also happened to be International Happiness Day so there's that.
  • I spent it eating M&Ms until I felt sick so basically I nailed it.
  • The long bank holiday weekend couldn't have come at a better time. The rain on the other hand...
  • We all got given huge Easter eggs by the head honchos at work. #Blessed.
  • I did some baking - because what else do you do at Easter?...
  • I finally, very begrudgingly, updated my iPhone to iOS 9 after my favourite app stopped supporting the previous operating system.
  • Daylight Saving Time began. Here comes summer!
  • #StormKatie went a bit cray and did some serious (and hella noisy) battering.
  • I've developed this strange habit where I exclaim "shut the front door!" whenever something surprises me...
Enjoy April, fools. #SeeWhatIDidThere.
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment