Thursday 21 April 2016

Failsafe Spring Nail Polishes

I'm not the kind of person who's really into wearing the nail polish colours of the season, I never have been, but something about Spring just has me reaching for the pastels. Is it the fact I can now see bright blue sky, or that I'm surrounded by daffodils or that winter has been so dark and dreary that I'll use any means possible to brighten my mood? Could be all of the above. Probably is all of the above.

I love a good neon clash during the summer months (Pow Green from Maybelline Color Show is one of my favourites) but as I pack away my long sleeve winter tees and thick dark plaid cotton shirts and start to welcome back my light tanks and nude ballet pumps, my finger nails kinda wanna join in the party.

I also find that if I've been wearing a lot of dark colours painted on in thick coats, my nails really begin to suffer. Because of this, I always make sure to use a nourishing treatment to help them get back into shape before applying a few layers of a lighter colour to really help bring them back to life. Flaky nails? No thank you. If, like me, you've been wearing nail polish continually for over three years, you'll know what I'm talking about...

Here are my Spring favourites:
  1. NAILS INC - FLORAL STREET
    The strong consistency means you don't need to apply twelve coats to cover your nail.

  2. BY THE FACE - GALACTIC GIRL
    A subtle light grey for when you're feeling more 'April showers'.

  3. BY THE FACE - LIGHT BLUE
    The blue I always come back to.

  4. BARRY M - SUGAR APPLE
    A hi-shine gel paint sure to brighten up any day of the week.

  5. L'OREAL PARIS COLOR RICHE - NOUVELLE VAGUE
    A mix of white, grey, blue and lavendar makes it perfect for this time of year.

  6. LOLA - BALLERINA PINK
    My favourite nude. Effortless and chic. If I do say so myself.

  7. BARRY M - ROSE HIP
    The lightest blush pink.

  8. ESTÉE LAUDER - TEMPTING MELON
    Because what's Spring without a hint of peach?
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment