Tuesday 5 April 2016

March Favourites

Serious question time; have we all scoffed the entirety of our Easter chocolate yet? If the answer is no, then you may need to up your game! While of course I desperately miss the immense fun of the Easter egg hunts my mum would put together for my sister and I when we were kids (much to the dismay of my grandma's two pooches), it's nice to be at an age where I can surprise them with Easter eggs.

March has been pretty crazy what with illnesses, bank holidays and a crazy intense work schedule, but here's what I've been digging through the last month:
  1. L'Occitane Lavende Scented Candle
    Lavender can be a tricky scent; too little and there's just a weird musk in the air, too much and everyone's choking and feeling a bit dizzy. This candle, however, is phenomenal. The scent is something I can't even describe; it's so soft and subtle (making it a perfect calming companion to a wet wintery afternoon spent curled up in front of our Now TV box), yet it's powerful enough to fill the air within both our lounge and dining room. The only downside is that it hasn't burnt very well and has a pretty hefty tunnel going through the middle which I'm really disappointed by; but overall it's the kind of scent you can burn for hours and never leaves you feeling suffocated.

  2. Pantene Pro-V Breakage Defense shampoo & conditioner
    Pantene is a brand I always go back to. I've used a variety of their hair products on and off for almost as long as I can remember, and with the occasional exception, I really like the results. This range included. My hair feels silky and shiny, and I can really see the difference it's making to the ends of my hair. There are definitely less split ends than I'd usually have by this point after a hair cut and it's also a lot less heavy #dream. The scent of these products always puts me in a good mood and sometimes I make a mustache just to catch the scent.

  3. Alpro Almond Milk
    As I mentioned in my Spring themed post, this time of year is perfect for smoothie making. Having spent the last few months eagerly awaiting the return of berry season, I am super happy to see the supermarkets stocked with raspberries, strawberries and blackberries once again. Smoothies made with fresh berries are my favourite, but if I'm in a hurry or want a quick fix then I'll whizz up two small bananas and a generous helping of almond milk. I love the creamy nutty flavour of this Alpro version; it instantly fills me up and it's pretty good for you too so that makes it extra nice. 

  4. Country Living Magazine
    Because yes, I have aged fourty years since you last saw me. I've been eyeing up this magazine for months now (pretty much ever since I decided to embrace my advancing internal age last Autumn) but I could never justify buying it because it seemed a little too pricey. So we're just going to go ahead and blame the beauty of Spring on this impulse purchase. And I am so glad I caved. This magazine is JOYOUS. Now all I want to do is read about how top London business people upped sticks and moved across the country to re-train as farmers and live out a totally natural and organic life; I want to learn what kind of DIYs I should be making for a themed table display and what I should try and bake for all my other middle class friends. I'm honestly not bothered about any negative shade; I am in love.

  5. VSCO Cam
    I know, I know, I'm a little late to the party but I've tried to get into this app for pretty much the entirety of the last year and I just couldn't understand the hype. Then I found a load of blog posts about which filter does what and how you can make your photos look amazing and I finally got the hang of it (like a not so cool grandma). I don't use this app for every photo I take because I actually don't like the idea of having an Instagram theme, in that I actually want my photos to look different, but it's definitely my go-to for flatlays or anything with a lot of bright white tones. Listen to me, what a pro. #Not.
I hope you all had a very merry Easter weekend and are enjoying the delights of Spring (between all the rain, that is...).
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment