Thursday 3 September 2015

August Favourites

This post comes to you as I internally happy dance over the realisation that my all-time favourite season is right around the corner! Soon life will be an endless cycle of cinnamon spiced everything, chelsea boots, crisp leaves under foot, Saturday evening casseroles, chunky knit scarves and Strictly Come Dancing. Well, so long as we ignore the tiny fact that it'll mean I'll be driving to and and from work in pitch black, which isn't so appealing...

Here's what I've been loving during this 'supposedly pre-autumnal but feeling very much autumnal' month:
  1. Laverstoke Park Farm Buffalo Milk Ice Cream
    Yes, when I found out my mum chucked away the remnants of my last pot, I drove an hour down the motorway to buy a replacement. Like any twenty-first century youth, I am a lover of ice cream, but this stuff doesn't even compare. The buffalo milk gives it a much creamier texture than those made with cows milk, and apparently it's actually better for you (or it's easier to digest or something); there are a load of different flavours but I cannot get enough of this coffee one. Ice cream will never be the same again!

  2. Jack Wills Atherlow Blouse
    I have worn this to death this past month because not only do I love it beyond words, it's also super comfortable and so easy to wear. I did purchase this same top in white, but then Jack Wills emailed me to say that although they'd taken my money and told me it was in stock in my size, that was all a huge lie and my day was ruined. So I'll just have to keep wearing this navy one. But I guess I'm ok with that...

  3. Authentic Moroccan Scented Candle
    My sister went to Morocco and all I got was this super cute candle! Seriously, how b-e-a-u-tiful is this thing? I'm so in love with its design that I almost don't want to burn it. Apparently, my sister picked it up in the 'Medina' in Marrakesh so it's 100% authentic, original and 'artisan', if you will. Even when the wax does run out, I'm so going to keep the jar for decorative purposes.

  4. Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel
    *Hangs head in shame* The beauty bloggers got to me. I actually really dig this stuff; I've never used a cleansing gel before but I'd say I'm definitely converted - it's light, foamy and super quick and easy to add to your routine. I went for the sensitive version because my skin can be quite temperamental and I didn't want to risk using unnecessary harsh chemicals, but this formula is free of all the bad stuff and is gentle enough to use every day and keeps my skin happy and healthy.

  5. Cafe Noir Biscuits
    I don't need to tell anyone about my love of biscuits, because, spoiler alert: I love biscuits. Unless they have fruit in them, in which case, no thank you. I picked these up on a whim because as we all know, I am one crazy and wild individual who cannot be tamed. I think you're supposed to eat these actually with a cup of coffee but I always seem to forget that and just scoff them whenever I so desire. Good job, Mr McVities!

  6. Turning twenty-one
    I could probably do without my dad constantly reminding me that I'm now only nine years away from thirty, but alas, I am now the ripe old age of viente-uno. And to be honest, I'm feeling pretty good; there's no grey hair, no more wrinkles, no aching limbs or an inability to control my bladder. So I'd call that a success! I've uploaded posts about what I got up to on the day, what I got given andddd the most enjoyable afternoon tea ever - why not have a read?
In my opinion, September is a month of huge change, so no matter what you're starting, completing or joining, I hope you have a blast! And if it involves a school run, please try not to be on the road when I am, I am prone to slight road rage...
~ Eleanor xo

Bonus: Favourite TV show to binge watch: Orphan Black

No comments:

Post a Comment