Thursday 30 June 2016

Five Things


1. HOMEGROWN STRAWBERRIES
Up until about five minutes ago, I was unaware that there were strawberries growing in our garden. I'm slowly learning that my parents seem to have cultivated a fruit and vegetable growing garden while I was away at uni, so each season I discover there's something new to pick. Admittedly, the slugs tend to get in there first, but the fruits we do manage to get our hands on always taste good. And I quite enjoy the sensation of pretending I'm Martha Stewart, picking organic homegrown produce and using it to make exotic dishes to serve at a dinner party for all my affluent friends. The reality, of course, is rather different...

2. GENUINE HUMAN KINDNESS
The love, care, kindness and comfort I've received from basically every person who's heard about my idiocy is so overwhelmingly lovely that it's made me weepy. Things like this really show who has your back and who you can count on and knowing that is a real cheerer-upper.

3. TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY GREETINGS CARDS
As you probably know by now, buying greetings cards is one of my favourite hobbies, and discovering new designers is utterly joyous. While on the hunt for a Father's Day card, I found the 'A Colourful Mind' collection by Will McPhail and my brain instantly went "yes". His cards are so well designed and so relatable it hurts; I had such a hard task trying to choose just one. But needless to say, I know where I'm heading the next time I need to buy a card.

4. RIPPED JEANS
I loved my Zara ripped jeans as soon as I bought them (about two years ago), but sadly, jeans with rips in them aren't exactly office appropriate so I rarely get to dig them out. But that's all changed over the last week because if slouching around at home feeling sorry for yourself isn't ripped-jean-wearing worthy, then I don't know what is. Also I think they help show off my rebellious side.

5. ADJUSTING TO LIFE AS A #OneHandedBandit
The number of things I'm now going to be able to add to my CV is humongous. I shall title the section: "skills I've mastered by using only one hand". But while my 'putting on freshly laundered skinny jeans' still needs a bit of work, I'm happy to report that 'cracking eggs' is near perfect. Oh and I'm slowly getting the hang of Instagram flatlay photo taking. Sort of.

~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment