Sunday 14 June 2015

What's in my travel bag

Guess who's finally going on their hollibobs! God I hate that word, but it sounds more joyful than 'holiday' so it seemed appropriate.

Finally, six months (and countless breakdowns over university workloads) after we headed to EasyJet.com, two of my best gal pals and I are off to the distantly sunny land of Albufeira in Portugal for a whole seven days.

It's going to be pretty strange taking my summer wardrobe for a spin, seeing as it remains largely unworn for the majority of the year. Floral tank tops and teeny tiny shorts will be donned, bikini's tied with bows and flip flops slipped onto feet with brightly coloured toenails. Cocktails will be sipped, ice creams devoured and hair bleached blonder by our distant friend, the sun.

Having not seen much of the sun since my last holiday, almost a year ago, my luggage will largely consist of sun cream, after sun and sunburn pain relief - oh Garnier, where would I be without you? I like to keep things relatively simple and let my skin 'breathe', if you will, while I'm on holiday. Vitamin D is really good for you so I try and ensure my beauty and skincare is kept light and easy - whilst obviously keeping my skin protected with the help of trusty SPF 30. See below for what I'm chucking in my suitcase.
-- FOR KEEPING THE SKIN, FACE AND BODY SPRUCED AND BEAUT --
  • Garnier Ambre Solaire Suncream: Easy to apply, no white marks and a smell that always reminds me of summer.
  • Dior Expert Travel Studio (& So Eco Brushes): All of my favourite make up in one handy palette.
  • Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes & Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action
  • Sure Crystal Invisible - Pure
  • Vaseline Essential Moisture: Being out in the sun all day almost guarantees dry skin, but by applying this each day, my skin keeps hydrated and feels happier.
  • Garnier Caffeine Eye Roll-On: I just really like how refreshing this feels under my eyes - just don't accidentally get it in your eye... that shit hurts.
  • Miss Dior - Eau FraĆ®che‎: I'm obsessed with this perfume and having it in a handy handbag size means I don't have to try and ensure a full size glass bottle gets to my destination in one piece.
  • Johnson's Lipcare - Classic: Another problem with sun exposure - dry lips. Johnson's has always got my back and this lip balm flavour is, unlike some lip balms *cough* Vaseline *cough*, not revolting.
  • Hairbrush & Hairbands
  • The Body Shop - Seaweed Matifying Day Cream: I love this stuff - I'm not so sure if it's as matifying as it says, but it smells amazing, feels really nice on my skin and doesn't irritate it.
  • Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun: My saviour, always and forever. Never leave home (in the summer) without it.
  • Toothbrush & Colgate Toothpaste
-- IN SHOWER ESSENTIALS --
  • Aussie Miracle Shine Shampoo & Conditioner: I'm not so sure this really provides the results it claims, but I'm half way through the bottles and I didn't really want to pack new, full containers.
  • The White Company Bath & Shower Gel: The perfect travel size and it smells heavenly!
  • Neutrogena Spot Stress Control: Because no one wants a breakout while they're on holiday.
  • St Ives Apricot Scrub: I only just started using this but I really like it so far; the scent isn't all that strong which is slightly disappointing, but I really like having a face scrub that is gentle enough to use everyday, leaving my skin feeling clean and nourished.
  • Venus Satin Care Shaving Gel: Because nothing accompanies beautifully tanned skin quite like silky smooth legs.
-- TECH, ENTERTAINMENT & HAND LUGGAGE NECESSITIES --
  • Marie Claire & Glamour Magazines
  • Headphones & gadget chargers (plus numerous European adapters)
  • A good book... or three: This holiday I'm planning on delving into 'The Sun in Her Eyes' by Paige Toon, 'Five Days Left' by Julie Lawson Timmer and 'Still Alice' by Lisa Genova.
  • Ray Ban Wayfarers: In classic black and Ice Pop Strawberry.
  • Eye Mask (this one was a gift and it's part of the 'Hotel Collection' from Zara Home. Similar here)
  • Notepad & Pen: Who knows when inspiration will strike!
  • iPad: For games, films and anything else you could want when you're feeling anti-social.

Obviously, I haven't forgotten the most essential items of all: passport, boarding pass and euros - but they're being kept under lock and key by my parents because clearly they don't trust me. God knows why...

See you soon, amigos!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment