Thursday 4 June 2015

This week's paint: Berrylicious

After having discovered the brand nearly three years ago in a drugstore in Spain, I have loved every single thing about Lola nail polishes... except for their tendency to chip pretty much as soon as the final coat has dried. I've had this colour on for just over two days and it's yet to chip (even after a crazy day running around London, hopping on and off tube trains left, right and centre!), so I know I'm now living on borrowed time, but I hope I'll be able to enjoy complete nail coverage for at least a few hours more. I'll let you know how that works out.

The fact that these polishes chip so quickly is kind of upsetting (it sounds lame, I know) because honestly, this line of polishes simply cannot be matched; the name choices, the variety and beauty of the colours, the packaging, the formula, everything makes it a total winner - making it more than worthy of its £8 price tag (it costs less in Spain though, bummer!).

The size of the brush makes the polish so easy to apply and if you're like me, a twenty year old who is still unable to apply nail varnish neatly and instead gets it everywhere, this brush really helps to keep it on just your fingernail, meaning you can paint without worry - super handy!

The formula is also so great that you only really need one coat. I usually apply two out of habit, as well as the fact that I like my colour to really hold, but you can definitely get away with less if you're in a hurry.

Berrylicious isn't exactly the most summery of colour choices; I know, I'm so rebellious (plus, I can never be sure if it really is summer in Britain, you know what I'm talking about) but I really love how striking this colour is and I feel like it works for any occasion, and c'mon, who can resist anything with 'ultra shine' in the title?
You can buy 'Berrylicious' and shop the entire Lola Make Up range at M&S and online here!

~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment