Sunday 31 May 2015

Saying "au revoir" to university and a general life update

To quote one of the best american television shows of all time (and one I feel did not deserve to ever be cancelled), 'Pushing Daises', "the facts were these...":
  1. I have officially finished university forever, for good, for always, never to be revisited again (assuming I pass all my assignments that is. Gulp.)
  2. I am going to take on the big bad world of grown-uphood.
  3. I am a teeny-tiny bit terrified out of my mind.
  4. Only a teeny-tiny bit.
  5. That's a lie.
So now you've got the general gist on just where I am with my life ('panic attack central', if you want the technical name for it), I feel I probably should've started with a "Hello! I know it's been a thousand years but yes, I am still around". How are you, how's life, what's been happening?

If you've been sitting in front of your laptop for the last few months weeping to yourself because this blog looks like a metaphorical wasteland, where digital tumbleweeds roll past every so often (that's not a thing, but it totally should be), I am here to wipe away those tears and to birth some exciting news! Soz about using the word 'birth' in this context, feels a bit weird, doesn't it?

So what's been happening I don't hear you ask! Well, what hasn't been happening?! No seriously, I've spent so long cooped up inside writing my dissertation that I have fully lost all grip on reality and how to function as a normal human being. Absolutely no idea what day it is, or, following the recent election mumbo-jumbo, who is in fact, in control of the country.

I'm just kidding, I know it's still Dave - though he has full control now so if he starts decreeing we all send our kids off to a reaping for a Hunger Games style event, I'm shipping myself off to Peru. (I've chosen Peru because I just watched the Paddington film and it looks like a delightful place!)

But I digress; as this new updated layout hopefully conveys, there have been some changes happening around here. Namely, I now have the time to actually devote to doing this whole blogging thing justice. And that's what I'm going to try to do. (See earlier: "exciting news").

So here I am, inviting you to hop aboard the Eleanor-train and come along with me to face the triumphs, trials and tribulations of life as a (soon-to-be) advertising graduate, who spends most waking moments fighting the urge to squander her minuscule life savings on a one-way ticket to Paris. And the remaining waking moments on attempting to become Jennifer Lawrence.

I hope you enjoy the ride. And I hope I do too.
Opa!
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment