Wednesday 18 December 2013

A (terribly written) summary of Second Year so far

So I've kind of been the worst blogger ever these last few months, I'd use the excuse that I've been super busy working on assignments and studying like a pro (which of course, I have been...), but really, I've been suffering from 'these last blog posts received really good feedback and now I'm scared I'll never be able to match that level of greatness again!' anxiety. BUT, Christmas cheer now carousing through me and holiday merriment all around, I am back! And a hearty hello and Feliz Navidad to you all - That's my Spanish GCSE being put to use, how excellente.

Now, I know you've all been wandering around worrying about what's been happening to me and if I've somehow been eaten by a rabid grizzly bear (a common occurrence in the South of England); and for that, I apologise - if you were all with me now, I'd take us to Starbucks and buy you all pumpkin spiced lattes and perhaps we'd even have a singsong of all your favourite Christmas carols. But, to the main reason we're all here: an update on Eleanor's super exciting, adventure filled life*!

(*'super exciting, adventure filled' content not guaranteed)


(Re)freshers tomfoolery
September:
  • I moved into my new house with 6 of my course mates. On our first night there was a power-cut and we had no idea what to do... good start
  • I enjoyed freshers week all over again - this time with all of my favourite people around, which made it so much more fun!
  • I started second year (this is probably obvious, but I just thought I'd include it for good measure)

Ikea famous, dessert bars are my second home, my new bedroom all decked out, happy Halloween bitches
October:
  • We unofficially adopted the neighborhood cat and named him George. He's a total cutie and flirts with everyone. He fits in well with us.
  • Two of my housemates and I ended up modelling for Ikea and had our own catalogue cover printed. The paparazzi are gonna turn up any day now...
  • I enjoyed visits to Southampton's ever growing population of dessert bars with my friends. I estimate I've consumed more than my body weight in Nutella, and I couldn't be more thrilled.
  • Many more nights out were had; including a Circus themed Carnage event. I decided to go as a 'black panther'. Yes, I basically just bought some cat ears from Topshop and went with it. Still counts.
  • Halloween festivities were had with my housemates - pumpkin carving and spooky decorations for the house itself - oh and I also watched Saw for the first (and last) time

Pancake day, sunny day in Southampton, marketing field trip, I AM A MODEL
November: (when I was listing the months I actually forgot about November. Wow. Are we sure I'm uni material?)
  • Managed to prove I am a Windows girl for life by accidentally changing the desktop background of one of the Uni Mac's to a guys mouth whilst trying to save it to my documents. It was actually slightly terrifying.
  • Spent a chilly Saturday working on group assignments with my friends (and by working I mean playing pranks and making pancakes, obviously)
  • I became a Starbucks gold level member! Hallelujah!
  • I scored tickets to my future wifey's concert at the O2 Arena in May! (Of course I'm referring to Katy Perry, for those of you who don't know about my undying love for this piece of human perfection)
  • Braved trekking beside a motorway to achieve authentic research for my marketing assignment. Admittedly, the Harvester meal afterwards was a big motivator and nothing will beat holding hands with my friends and running across a motorway slip-road praying we make it to the other side with all our limbs still intact.
  • Got my picture in my university's prospectus and became the face of our advertising course. So yeah, I'm basically the next Kate Moss.

Secret Santa 1, Turducken, Secret Santa 2, PARTY CAT GEORGE
December:
  • I finally got to start the Cadbury's advent calendar my mum bought for me in October. Though some of the messages written on the doors are slightly unsettling, even for a 19 year old...
  • I found out that I am the best thing since sliced bread because I made it onto that Netherlands trip I was waffling about - read my ramblings here
  • 6 weeks after organising it, three of my friends and I held our very own secret Santa meal at Frankie and Benny's. Laughs were had, carbs were consumed and gifts exchanged. I'm rubbish at keeping secrets, especially when they involve such exciting things, but we managed not to blurt out who we each had so overall it was a success!
  • Tried 'turducken' for the first time at our house Christmas dinner and participated in another secret Santa. A merry time was had by all - including George the party cat who rocked a Christmas cracker hat
  • Handed in my first two assignments of the year and celebrated by, of course, visiting another dessert bar. I provided entertainment by somehow smearing Nutella all over my face; nobody has time for table manners when there are waffles involved!
  • And on Friday 13th, my pet cactus and I packed up and headed home for the holidays! 

So there you have it, my last 4 months at uni summed up in a nice neatly presented list complete with exclamation points to present my enthusiasm. And I hope, dear reader, that you have had an equally tremendous few months and that you make the most of these last few weeks of 2013... I don't know, jump out of a plane or something!

I've missed you all very much, 
your pal,
~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment