Wednesday 18 September 2013

Guys I Won't Date

Being a single girl (cue audience sighing and "awwww"ing on my behalf) I spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about my ex's and what I want in a guy in the future - other people do this too, right? Anyway, I've constructed a list of people I definitely wouldn't look at twice, with a few jabs at my ex's and their old habits (yep, I'm basically Taylor Swift... only I can't sing and I'm not blonde).

1. Someone who talks about themselves non-stop

Eventually I'll just stop listening because this stuff gets old fast. Maybe ask me how I am once in a while.

2. Hot and he knows it

Basically the biggest turn-off ever. Stop acting like you're god's freaking gift and just chill out - ain't nobody finding that attitude attractive.

3. Someone who barely watches TV

I like to watch television, like, a lot a lot. From staying up till 1am on a Wednesday morning to live-stream the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars, to curling up on a winter evening watching CSI, I do the lot. I'm not exactly going to force you to watch with me, but don't hate on the delights of the TLC network until you've watched at least one episode of Extreme Cheapskates.

4. Someone who thinks he's cooler than me because he drinks more

Sure, we're young and in our prime, but I am capable of deciding what I want and despite your enthralling story, I don't find you cool for drink driving.

5. Someone who tells me I have shit taste in music/films/TV etc.

You are not superior to me in any way simply because you listen to, in your opinion, 'better' music. When this gem comes up it becomes apparent that the only shit taste I have, is in boyfriends.

6. Someone who brags about their other female attention
I am well aware that there are billions of other females in the world, and you should definitely check them out because yolo but why do you feel the need to text me every time you get hit on?

7. Someone who talks about their ex

Erm hello, your ex is your ex for a reason and honey if you keep this up you're gonna become my ex to. Don't compare me or the things I do to how you remember it with your ex, like, what exactly are you hoping to achieve from this?

8. Cat lovers

Ever since I was a kid I have regarded cats as my personal omen. When cats are involved, bad things happen. I can't really explain it, but cats just make me super uncomfortable.

9. Bad manners
Manners are so incredibly vital. I'm not talking about always holding the door open for me and bowing as I enter (or maybe I am...), but just, don't behave like a total asshole. Is that too much to ask?

What about you? Are there any traits you cannot deal with or are you someone that's up for a challenge? And are you now thinking that I am a total lunatic with ridiculously high standards (I hope not).


~ Eleanor xo

No comments:

Post a Comment